Friday, October 05, 2007

4 October 2007 - Day I was Stuck in the Lift

Today - 4 October 2007 - my first encounter getting trapped in a lift, at the office. Went into the lift, the lift doors closed and for the next couple of seconds, events were as usual. Suddenly the lift halted and shifted itself down a little... then it seemed to fall slightly more. At that instant, a thought came to my mind... will the lift go crashing to the ground since I was boarded at level 4. Then I thought, okay, bought accident plan already... but shucks I just applied for more accident cover today and it has yet to be approved. After the train of thoughts, I started looking around the lift.. ah.. I saw... heh.. there were 10 others around me (nah.. I didn't get stranded in the lift with some cute-looking guy who will save my day.. in fact it were the uncles.. haha.. more senior people who made calls and pressed the alarm for help). It was a crowd in there and boy, it was hot.

Thankfully, the building's security were equipped and quick to act;hence, they opened the lift doors for us within 5-10mins. When the door was opened, realised that the lift carriage was halfway between the lift entrance; so had to 'jump' onto the floor level. And yes, am thankful to 2 uncles who lent me their helping hands for the 'jump' especially so when I was in stilettos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home