Friday, September 24, 2004

Encompassing NYC

Watched 'The Terminal' today. Commendable show. The humour ain't an overkill, there was a dab of romance, compassion, fillial piety, etc.. so humane. A gratifying brew. Almost the entire show was set in JFK Airport.

JFK Airport looks pristine and welcoming. Hope it'll be one of the airports I'll set foot on in future. All the better if she would be my doorway to my career. If I were to be offered a respectable job in NYC, I'd prolly go. Many a time I had thought of working in that metropolis. I'd see myself living in a unit of a skyscraper, if not a high-rise apartment, overlooking the entire city. The apartment will be of full-length glass panes to capture the brilliant lights from the city below on one side, and the view of the sea where the Statue of Liberty props, on the other side. Heh... I've to be really capable secure a job there and to live in that dream apartment (it's one of my dream houses... geez affirming a piscean trait.. :p ah well) But reality has to set in ... not everyone's dreams/hopes/goals materialize. Now, I'm thinking of what Britney Spears had said in her concert, "... dare to dream..."... HMM??!!!??!?!?!??!

I've yet to have a concrete idea of what position I want in society. It's barely a year before graduation and I'm still lost. My mind is asking me to do something.. but the juices are just not working to get that message diffuse throughout me. Hm... the story of my life. I'm working on convincing myself that it's for NOW. My story has to continue... BUT with new chapters. Chapters illustrating bustling streets with signboards emblazoned which turns neon at night, instead of a draggy continuition of the current story (as some Chinese would say.. you4 chang2 you4 chou4)

A sock I dun aspire to be. I would wanna look mature into the future and yet find back elements of a stronger-willed me of the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home