Saturday, August 28, 2004

Wang Ba Dan / Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Somewhere over the Rainbow
Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
In the land, that I heard of once,
Once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams
That you dare to dream
Really do come true
Some day, I'll wish upon a star,
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops,
Way up above the chimney tops
Thats where you'll find me
I know somewhere over the rainbow
The blue birds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh why can't I
"Somewhere over the Rainbow" lyrics depict a pre-adolescent girl's desire for an escape from the "hopeless jumble" of this world, from sadness of raindrops to the bright new word "over the rainbow". It expresses childlike faith that "Heaven" will magically "open a door" to a place where "troubles melt like lemon-drops".

1 Comments:

At November 3, 2004 at 1:11 AM , Blogger Wan Ling said...

and the dreams that you dare to dream really DO come true. Jan dear. they will...if you don't even have dreams, how will theycome true?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home