Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A Temporary Farewell

One week later marks my departure from Singapore. Gonna be away for 4-5 months... longer than what I conceived. Am currently less excited than I thought I will be. It's probably the effects of time. I'm worried about certain things and people... but I've come this far and it's hard to turn back. It was one of the reason that initially forestalled my wanting to go on this trip but then my other probably selfish want overrode the reason. But then again, I didn't solely make the final decision.

Exams have ended about a week back. I've yet to pack. Been watching dvds, going out to eat and shop, letting my thoughts run while lying on my bed... and thinking of what happens next. Not the next minute but about the next phase of my life. Returning to Singapore in late September signifies the need to get a job. Don't know what I really want. No clear goals as yet. Hopefully this trip will rejuvenate and inspire me which attributes to my decision to make this trip. No one I know, excluding those whom I knew through this program, will be with me. It's a time to be "alone", sort out some stuff, see another world... ... exhilarating.

The place I'm going is not such a bad place. One of my love lies in there : rollercoasters. What's more, it's romantically located beside a lake. However, one fault lies in the access to computers. There are less than 10 PCs for the thousands of employees and I've got no laptop to pack along, which means that I am almost 'cut off' from the rest of the world. Heh.. like a retreat. Well, it may be.

Heard that the whole journey to from SG to my work place takes 36 hrs. SG to Taipei and transfer to another plane to NY. Then stay overnight in the airport for 6-7 hrs to board another plane that goes to Cleveland either directly or via Cincinnati. And from Cleveland, it's another wait for a 1 hr plus bus trip to the town my work place is located. This means that I've to be experience the take offs and landings 6-8 times and I really dislike having to go through this.

Having some recollections of my flight to the States years back when where I also transited at Taipei... I saw a cool looking dude on the flight. Maybe this time round I can get to see an artiste? hm... Daniel Wu will be nice :p

3 Comments:

At May 4, 2005 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Wan Ling said...

=) see you!! why not meet a cool ABC whom you'll rescue from the roller coaster and then elope and marry? that'll be more fun!

 
At May 7, 2005 at 2:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yupz.. that sounds fun. dun mind if a cool ABC offers me some help too. haha. But apparently, i heard something not that positive abt them...

 
At May 11, 2005 at 2:17 PM , Blogger thimerosa said...

Just be friendly.. they'll help you...

anyway call me when you reach.... i'll be online.. email me or call me if you need a mini checklist :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home