Friday, October 08, 2004

Living & Breathing

Am gonna live for the 'moment'.

Been contemplating for a while whether to go for the Work & Travel USA 2005 Program. Wedged between CFA and WAT. Something was pulling me back... responsibilities towards my family... to start on a serious job soon to provide for them. Had a pep talk by my aunt's bf. Most of the stuff he said were reflections of my initial thoughts... but now, I've got affirmation.. so it's hello to WAT :) Although there's no guarantee I'll be accepted.. but I'm gonna take my first move - the registration. There's a problem though... the program fee and air tix exps, etc. Have yet to tell my mom, too. And she'll tell my dad. And wonder what's the final outcome. But hullaboo, shall just submit my registration first. It's quite dumb but was on the verge of palpitating just now ... kept wondering if I missed the deadline for registration. It'd be a lost opportunity. Hah.. but am glad I can still make it! :)

It's been quite a while since I felt such excitement. Just the mere thought of being and working in US (ok.. I dunno if I'll be accepted.. but I'm still entitled to a dream.. yeah?) thrills me. Thoughts of the supermarkets (selling big bottles of pulpy orange juice.. oh manz), roller coasters, american looking streets, etc etc keeps my adrenaline pumping. Haha... shall not think further. Shalt come back to the present moment.

Remark: If the word 'gan dang' pops into your mind... don't misunderstand. Still love Singapore!

3 Comments:

At October 9, 2004 at 3:45 AM , Blogger thimerosa said...

GO FOR IT!
JOIN ME IN THE STATES!

 
At October 10, 2004 at 12:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah manz.. am looking forward to that.

Jan

 
At October 10, 2004 at 12:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah manz.. looking forward to that. jan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home